Creating a Slack action
TrueSight Intelligence provides alarms that are triggered when the monitored entity violates a defined threshold. You can configure each alarm to use one or more Actions, so that end users can be notified when a condition is breached. Creating a Slack action enables you to specify a Slack account to receive notifications from TrueSight Intelligence. The following procedures describe how to add TrueSight Intelligence to your a Slack account and how to create the action.
To add TrueSight Intelligence to your Slack account
- Log on to your Slack account.
- Create a new channel or select an existing channel.
- Click + Add an app.
- Search the App Directory for TrueSight Pulse.
- Click TrueSight Pulse from the search result to open the .
- Click Install.
- From the Post to Channel section, select the channel where TrueSight Intelligence notifications will be posted. Create a new channel if you do not want to use an existing channel.
- Click Add TrueSight Pulse Integration.
Scroll down and copy the Webhook URL.
Required configuration parameter
Copy the value for the WebhoolURL to your clipboard or a text file. You will need this while creating the Slack action in TrueSight Intelligence.
Click Save Integration.
To create a Slack action in TrueSight Intelligence
The details required to create an action vary depending on the action type. For example, you will need the OpsGenie API key for sending data, but only valid email addresses for sending email notifications.
- From the top right of the screen, click > Notifications to access the actions and alarms.
- From the Actions tab, click Create Action.
- Type a unique Name for the action.
- Select the action you want to use from the Action Type drop-down list.
Type or select the details required for the selected action type.
Refer to the configuration details and search for configuration details tagged with the Required configuration parameter keyword.
- Click Save.