Collecting Twitter data as events
Connect to your Twitter accounts to collect filtered tweets as events and analyze them using event filters and advanced analytics features such as event clustering to model the tweets and understand user sentiments. You can also correlate tweets with performance and business data.
|Ensure you have the Twitter account credentials||Navigate to the TrueSight Intelligence integration interface||Link the Twitter account to monitor and analyze|
|Add criteria to search and collect tweets||Navigate to Sources or Events to view and analyze the Twitter data||Provide a source name to map data for the Twitter account|
Click> Data Collection, and select to associate a Twitter account with TrueSight Intelligence.
To configure a Twitter Account Integration
From the Configuration details section, provide the details required to configure data collection from Twitter.
- Type the Name for the source to represent the Twitter data collected.
Click Link Twitter account to authorize BMC TrueSight Intelligence to collect Twitter data.
Allow pop-up windows in your browser to enter your Twitter account credentials.
To manage the Twitter account integration
- Click the toggle button to deactivate the configured integration along with all the filters.
- Click the delete button to delete the configured integration.
The Twitter event data that is available in TrueSight Intelligence will not be removed when you delete the integration.
To add a filter
To create a new filter that is used to search the configured Twitter account, and enter the following details
- Click + Add
- Type a unique Filter Name
Type the Filter Keywords to search Twitter. The keywords supported by Twitter API are used for searching tweets.Click here to view examples...
To find tweets that... Type (default) contain both "truesight" and "intelligence" truesight intelligence contain either "aiops" or "analytics" (or both) aiops OR analytics contain the exact phrase "machine learning" "machine learning" contain "analytics" but not "analytics" analytics -text contain the hashtag "bmcsoftware" #bmcsoftware sent from "thegods" from:thegods sent to "mankind" to:mankind reference a person "mashable". @mashable contain the exact phrase "bmc engage" and sent near "new york". "bmc engage" near:"new york" sent within 15 miles of "NYC". near:NYC within:15mi contain "aiops" and linking to URLs. aiops filter:links
For more information on valid query operators supported by Twitter, see .
Select the Frequency used to poll Twitter for tweets containing the filter keywords.
During each poll, TrueSight Intelligence gets 200 of the most recent tweets that match the specified criteria for each filter.
- Select the Severity that will be assigned to the events in TrueSight Intelligence. If a value is not selected, a severity is not assigned.
- Select the TrueSight Intelligence App name to which the matching Twitter events will be associated or type the name for a new App.
- From the Add Properties section, type key: value pairs for properties that will be added to the resulting events, in addition to the information obtained from Twitter.
- Click Save.
To enable, edit, or delete a filter
- Select the checkbox from the Enabled column to enable a search filter.
- Click to edit the search filter
- Click to delete the search filter
An error icon is displayed on the configured integration if there are problems with the integration. The cursor tool tip will provide the error code and troubleshooting information.