Collecting event data from TrueSight Operations Management
TrueSight Operations Management gets data from various sources and the events are viewed using the TrueSight Presentation Server. Get these events into TrueSight Intelligence for analysis.
Before you begin
The following TrueSight Operations Management components must be installed and running:
Product Supported versions TrueSight Presentation Server 10.7.00 and later TrueSight Infrastructure Management 10.7.00 and later
- The connection from the TrueSight Presentation Server to TrueSight Intelligence should be functional.
- The TrueSight Intelligence component must be added in TrueSight Presentation Server.
- Set the TrueSight Intelligence data filter (optional) to select specific applications and severity of events to be sent to TrueSight Intelligence.
To add the TrueSight Intelligence component in TrueSight Presentation Server
In the TrueSight console, go to Administration > Components, select the action menu next to Components, and select Add Component.
- For the component type, select TrueSight Intelligence.
Enter a valid Host Name or IP Address. For TrueSight SaaS, enter truesight.bmc.com.
Enter a valid Port number.
Select any of the listed tenants (configured using Atrium Single Sign-On).
Under Custom Setting, enter the following details:
TrueSight Intelligence Registered Email Id - The email address used to register an account on TrueSight Intelligence.
TrueSight Intelligence API Key - The authentication token for the TrueSight Intelligence account where the data will be sent.
Sync Interval (seconds) - The frequency used to sync data to TrueSight Intelligence.
To filter the event data in TrueSight Presentation Server
After you add TrueSight Intelligence as a component in TrueSight Infrastructure Management, the Intelligence Data Filter option becomes available in the TrueSight console. Use the Intelligence Data Filter page to filter the applications and event severity for viewing in TrueSight Intelligence.
If you do not configure the Intelligence Data Filter, critical events for all applications are sent to TrueSight Intelligence.
To configure the applications and the event severity:
- In the TrueSight Console navigation pane, select Configuration and then select Intelligence Data Filter.
In the Applications list, select an application whose events will be seen in TrueSight Intelligence. You can select multiple applications at a time.
The applications must be configured in the TrueSight console. For more information, see .
The application that you select in the Applications list is created in TrueSight Intelligence with the same name.
- In the Severity list, select a severity for the events.
- Click Apply to apply the filter.
Viewing and analyzing TrueSight Presentation Server data in TrueSight Intelligence
If you added the TrueSight Intelligence component and did NOT configure the data filter
- By default, event data for all Applications is sent to TrueSight Intelligence, and an App is created for each corresponding Application.
- By default, only event data with Critical severity is sent to TrueSight Intelligence.
If you added the TrueSight Intelligence component and configured the data filter
- Event data for the selected Applications is sent to TrueSight Intelligence, and an App is created for each corresponding Application.
- Event data for the selected severity option is sent to TrueSight Intelligence. For example, minor, major, major and above, and so on.