Periodically, BMC upgrades the flows in the source catalog of BMC Helix Integration Studio. As the BMC Helix Integration Studio administrator or end user, you can then upgrade your personal flows to incorporate the enhancements. To decide whether the upgrade is needed, you can first compare your existing personal flows with the new catalog flows.
The personal flows that can be upgraded are marked with the Upgrade available icon, as shown in the following illustration:
To compare a flow with a catalog flow
You can perform this task only on a personal flow that you initially created from the catalog flow. For more information about using a flow from the catalog to create a personal flow, see Publishing or using flows.
- In BMC Helix Integration Studio, go to the My Flows page, and select the upgradable flow that you want to compare.
- In the flow profile, select Actions > Compare with Template.
The Difference with Original window is displayed, as shown in the following example:
- If available, compare the following differences between the catalog flow template and the current flow:
- General details—Shows the differences in title and category.
- Trigger—Shows the differences in conditions and condition values.
- Action—Shows the differences in mappings and mapping values.
To upgrade a flow
In BMC Helix Integration Studio, go to the My Flows page, and select the flow that you want to upgrade.
In the flow profile, select Actions > Upgrade.
- If needed, modify the conditions, and click Next.
- If needed, modify the field mappings, and click OK.
Your personal flow is upgraded to the latest catalog version.
Log in or register to comment.