Adding throttling controls
While adding or updating a connector configuration, as a tenant administrator, you can use throttling controls to impose rate limits for integrating with the connecting application. More specifically, the throttling controls are applied to API calls made to the connecting application's servers when a flow is run.
Additionally, you can initiate a flow on demand at any time for testing purposes. For more information, see Activating or enabling flows.
To add throttling controls
- Log in to BMC Helix Integration Studio.
- Go to Catalog > Connectors, and select the connector.
Expand the connector pane at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Throttling controls.
- If no configurations exist for the connector, add one.
For a given configuration, populate at least one of the following fields (fields depend on the connecting application):
If you specify a limited number of records in the Maximum number of Records to process field, and the actual number of available records in the source application exceeds your limit, you receive the following results after the flow run:
- Only the specified number of records is transferred to the target application. Other available records are not transferred to the target application.
- In the Flow Timeline, the error is displayed for such a flow run because not all available records are transferred to the target application.
- Select the callback interval from Check Triggers Every (default is 15 minutes).
Specify the Maximum number of Records to process (defaults is unlimited).
If you provide values for Check Triggers Every as well as Maximum number of Records to process, both fields are evaluated to throttle bandwidth.