Uninstalling products on Windows silently
You can use the
-createcontrolfile command line option to create a control file that you can use to perform an unattended, or silent, uninstallation of products. This topic provides the following procedures to uninstall BMC products from a command line:
To create a control file to uninstall products
- Open a command prompt.
- Change to the BMC Products Installation directory\Uninstall directory.
- Start the uninstallation utility by entering the following command:
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- Enter the name of the directory from which you want to uninstall products. Click Next.
- Select the products that you want to uninstall. Click Next.
- If you selected to uninstall all products, optionally, select to uninstall the uninstallation utility.
- Proceed through the uninstallation, entering any requested information.
- On the Review Settings for Control File page, click Create Control File.
- Verify that the process was successful, and optionally, view the control file.
- Click Finish to exit the installation utility.
By default, the new control file is stored in the user's profile directory under Application Data\BMCinstall.
After the control file is created, you can rename it, and copy it to another location or to other computers, then use the following procedure to uninstall products.
The computer where you use the control file must have the same configuration, such as operating system, installed products, product installation directory, and so forth, as the computer on which the control file was created.
To uninstall products by using the new control file
- Open a command prompt.
- Change to the BMC Products Installation directory\Uninstall\Install\instbin directory.
Enter the following command:
thorinst.exe -uninstall <path to control file> -log <path to log file> -output <path to output log file>
The option path to control file is the path to and name of the control file that you created in the previous procedure. The options
-outputlet you specify a location for a standard log file and an output log file. The standard log file contains all installation the status information, and the output log file contains messages on the progress of the installation that are normally sent to standard output. The path to log file and path to output log file variables can be any valid path and file name (with a .txt extension) that you specify. If the paths to the control file and log files include spaces, you must enclose them within quotes.
To uninstall products by using a flag
You can also uninstall silently by using the -silent flag and if you wish to uninstall everything select "all"
For windows, the command line is uninstall.exe -silent all
Uninstalling a specified product, uninstall.exe -silent pkiskm
You can either use the the uninstallatoin utility in the BMC_ROOT\Uninstall directory or you can download the installer and use the uninstall utility for uninstallation.
For example, uninstall.exe -bmcinstalldir <BMC ROOT> -silent
Uninstalling a specified product, uninstall.exe -bmcinstalldir pkiskm -silent