Uninstalling products on UNIX using the installation wizard
Use the installation utility to select and uninstall individual products. All components associated with those products will also be uninstalled unless they are required by another installed product.
If the installation utility detects hidden, or orphaned, components on your computer, an additional page is displayed during the uninstallation that gives you the option to remove all of these components. Orphaned components are product components that were originally installed as non-selectable required product components during a previous product installation but are no longer required by any of the products installed on your computer.
If you select to uninstall all products and any orphaned components, an additional page is displayed that gives you the option to uninstall the installation utility.
To uninstall products, orphaned components, and the installation utility
- Change to the Uninstall directory in your BMC product installation directory and enter the following command to launch the installation utility:
The Welcome page is displayed. Click Next.
- Select the installation directory from which you want to remove a product. Click Next.
- Enter pre-uninstallation product information.
The pages displayed during this phase of the uninstallation may present only information that you should know prior to uninstalling the products or may require you to enter information that the installation utility will use to perform validation checking or run scripts before the uninstallation process begins.
The pages displayed will vary depending on the products installed on your computer. For some groups of products, no pre-uninstallation pages will be displayed.
- Select the product or products that you want to uninstall. Click Next.
- (Optional.) If the installation utility detects any orphaned components, select to remove these components from your computer.
- Enter any additional requested information in the displayed pages.
The information that you are required to enter depends on the products that you are uninstalling; for example, you may be required to enter a root password to run a script. These pages may also display only information that you need to know after the products are uninstalled, such as if a script needs to be run manually after the uninstallation is complete.
- (Optional.) Select to uninstall the installation utility.
All files and directories will be removed except those used by the Installation utility at the time the uninstallation is performed, such as the setperm.sh archive file. Log files, configuration files, user modified files, and files created as a result of running scripts during the installation are also retained. These files can be removed manually after the uninstallation is complete.
- Review your selections and click Uninstall.
After the uninstallation is complete, a page is displayed that tells you the status of the uninstallation and provides a link to the log file.