Using BMC Helix Innovation Suite, administrators can integrate BMC applications and third-party applications to perform specific use cases. For example, you can use the connectors in BMC Helix Innovation Suiteto integrate
with third-party applications to:
- Keep data in sync between applications
- Automate business processes
- Improve customer experience
- Reduce time to closure of service management requests
Benefits of integrating with BMC Helix Innovation Suite
- By using BMC Helix iPaaS, reuse the APIs in the business processes of your applications without having to rebuild the integration for each application or use.
- Integrating your application with BMC Helix Innovation Suite provides increased functionality and efficiency.
- Its flexible, multiplatform, multi-database architecture and highly customizable user interface make BMC Helix Innovation Suitehighly adaptive.
- The webhook definition eliminates the manual effort required to create workflows and removes the need for continuous server polling.
- Integration by using REST APIs requires a limited number of operations for the interactions between clients and services.
- Integration by using REST APIs offers ease of communication between multiple data formats such as XML, JSON, and YAML.
- Web services provide a simple, platform-agnostic method for application integration.
Before you begin
We recommend that you have the following:
- A strong working knowledge of the AR System server and BMC Helix Innovation Studio. For more information, see Accessing and navigating the AR System Administration Console and Accessing and navigating BMC Helix Innovation Studio.
- A working knowledge of the external system or application that you intend to integrate with BMC Helix Innovation Suite.
Process for integrating BMC Helix Innovation Studio with external systems
The following table lists the actions that you need to perform to integrate BMC Helix Innovation Studio with other applications:
Integrate an application with third-party systems by using connectors without having to perform any changes to the application code.
Integrate with RESTful services in a codeless way.
Integrate BMC Helix Innovation Studio with BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by Jitterbit to define the REST communication between BMC Helix Innovation Studio and the integration middleware, without having to write code or run an integration controller.
Integrate BMC Helix Innovation Studio with BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by MuleSoft to define the REST communication between BMC Helix Innovation Studio and the integration middleware, without having to write code or run an integration controller.
Process for integrating AR System server with external systems
The following table lists the actions that you need to perform to integrate Approval Server with other applications:
Select integration points, platforms, an implementation method, and a technology method
Configure single sign-on and authentication
Extend AR System server functionality to external data by using installed and created plug-ins
Configure and use the ARDBC and AREA LDAP plug-ins to integrate AR System with a directory service
Use plug-ins and the AREA API to integrate AR System with external user authentication services.
View and process external data, access external relational database tables, read data from the AR System database with a third-party application, and provide read-only access to data in AR System forms
Create custom plug-ins for Developer Studio
Automate tasks and processes by integrating AR System with TrueSight Orchestration
Execute and control external applications within workflow to supplement AR System server and clients
Remove single sign-on capabilities
Manually integrate BMC Helix Single Sign-On with AR System server, Mid Tier, and CMDB Portal