Altering a notification process on BMC Helix Innovation Suite
BMC Helix Innovation Suiteenables an administrator or application business analyst to interoperate between AR Systemand BMC Helix Innovation Studio. This capability helps simplify application development.
The goal of this use case is to improve the notification process by adding the ability to send a text message in addition to an email.
The following video (11:47) shows details about altering the notification process:
Altering a notification process scenario
When a customer reports an issue, BMC Helix ITSM: Service Desk creates an incident and assigns it to a specific support group. All support group members receive an email about the incident.
When a support group member accepts the incident, the following actions are triggered:
- The status of the incident is changed to assigned.
- Work information is updated.
- An email is sent to other support group members, notifying them that the incident is assigned to a particular support group member.
The following infographic shows the altered workflow for how a notification sent through an email as well as through a text message:
Altering the notification process workflow
The following diagram shows the process flow of altering the notification process:
On the Support Group Assignment Configuration form, create On Call group and define users and their mobile numbers.
|Configuring support groups
|From Centralized Configuration, enable progressive web application.
|Enabling Progressive Web Application
In BMC Helix Innovation Studio, create the following two processes.
In Developer Studio, create the following two filters:
Benefits and results of altering the notification process
- Altering the notification process helps customize the business process. You can send a text message to support group members.
- The support group members receive a text message in addition to an email.
- When a member starts working on an incident, other members get a notification about it, reducing duplication of effort.
- The support group member can self-assign the incident.
Limitations when interoperating between Action Request System and BMC Helix Innovation Studio
The BMC Helix Innovation Suite performs the following validations when you interoperate between Action Request System and BMC Helix Innovation Studio:
Create, update, or delete a record instance on the Action Request System form from a BMC Helix Innovation Studio process.
Use an Action Request System form as a source for a rule in Rule Designer.
Create a join record definition between a Action Request Systemform and record definition.