Navigating the home page
This topic describes the features available on the home page of BMC HR Case Management and their usage:
The features that are available to you depend on your user role.
Home page layout and features
When you log in to BMC HR Case Management, the following home page is displayed:
You can access these features from the Quick Access bar available on the BMC HR Case Management home page:
By using this menu you can access the following default features:
It displays cases that are accessible to you.
|Processing and managing cases|
It displays tasks that are assigned to you.
|Messages console||It displays notifications about records that have been recently updated.||Notification messages|
|People console||It displays user profiles.||Managing people records|
|Solutions console||It displays solutions that are by default available after BMC HR Case Management is installed, and all other solutions that have been created by HR agents.||Managing solutions|
It displays full text search options for the following records:
In each console described in the preceding table, the following options are available:
Actions bar—Displays actions available for a selected console
Search bar—Displays search options in a selected console
Filter preferences settings—Allows you to customize the display results table
Counts bar—Displays number of records returned as a search result in a selected console
Search results section—Displays a search results list
Summary section—Displays details summary of a record in a selected console
Searching for system records
You can search for records by running a simple full text search, or advanced search on the Cases, Tasks, People, and Solutions consoles. The advanced search enables you to search for records that are assigned to an individual or a group, created within a time period, that belong to a particular priority, and so on. You can also run simple search from the Search console, manage searches, and set a default search.
You can find all records in one of these ways:
- Enter "%" into a search edit field, and run full text search. This applies to both simple search, and advanced search options.
- Filter records by Show All option.
You can find records by entering a partial search criterion. To return search results, you need to type "%" before a search criterion, and after it. Thus, for example, if you type "compensation" in the search field, the search returns all cases where "compensation", and "compensations" are used.
The following procedures explain how to run simple and advanced search to find records in any of the consoles—Cases, Tasks, People, or Solutions.
To run a simple search
- In the Search field, type a full text search criterion to find a record by name.
Click Run Search.
To run an advanced search
- To view the advanced search section on a console, click the Search arrow .
Fill out the fields and click Run Search.Click here to view a screenshot...
To filter records
- Click Filter , displayed on the right side of the Search field.
- Select an option from Search By, My Recent Searches, or My Saved Searches filter categories.
To save a search
You can save your advanced search query, so that you can later filter your records by selecting your saved search from My Saved Searches category.
- Run any advanced search.
- Click Save Search.
Complete the Search Label, and click Save.The search is saved, and can be accessed in My Saved Searches filter.Click here to view a screenshot...
To save a search as default
You can save the default search that displays each time you open the a selected console.
- Run any search.
- Click Settings .
- Select Set as Default.
To delete a search from the Saved Searches list
Perform one of the following steps:
Click Settingsand select Manage Searches
Click Expand Field Search and select Manage Searches.
Select a search that you want to delete and click Delete.
To refresh search results list
- Run any search.
Click Refresh.Click here to view a screenshot...
To run a simple search on the Search console
- On the BMC HR Case Management home page, click Search tab.
- In the Search field, type a search criterion.
Click the Run Search icon.
- (Optional) In the Search For pane, select any menu to review the results by a category.
Setting preferences for search results view
Each time you search for records in the Cases, People, Tasks, and Solutions consoles, the search results are displayed in a table that by default includes columns, such as Modified Date, Record ID, Status, and so on. These columns are set in the Preferences of each console.
You can modify the Preferences by adding or removing columns that you would like to view.
To set preferences for search results
- Open a console you would like to change preferences for.
Click Preferences.Click here to view a screenshot...
- Perform one or more of the following actions to change the preferences:
To add a column to search results view, click Add Column and select a column from the drop-down list.
- To remove a column from the search result view, click Remove Column and select a column from the drop-down list.
- To set the interval at which the search result view should automatically refresh:
- Select Set Refresh Interval.
Enter a number in the Refresh Interval (minutes) field.
The default 0 indicates that the table is not automatically updated.
- To reset the results table columns and refresh interval to the default settings, click Reset.