Troubleshooting record access issues
This section describes record access issues that BMC HR Case Management users might encounter while working on cases and solutions, and includes the following topics:
All Standard Master users have unrestricted access to cases and solutions in BMC HR Case Management.
Only Standard Master users can troubleshoot access problems and fix them.
Case access issues in versions prior to 4.7.01
The view permissions of a case are defined on the Case Access tab of a Case form. By default, the following users have access to a case: assigned individuals, users belonging to the assigned group, case submitter, case requester, and the user on behalf of whom the request is submitted.
If a Standard User or Standard Administrator cannot find cases in the Cases console, verify that:
Check to ensure that the user is available on the Case Access tab of the case. If not, modify the user profile and case details appropriately.Click here to view the details...
Open the case the user is searching for, and review the following details:
- Open the Case Access tab.
- Review the available user group, and users.
Check whether the user belongs to the assignment group of a case. The Assignment Group defined in a case, the user is searching for, must be available in the profile of the user. If not, modify a user profile or details of a case appropriately.Click here to view the details...
- Open the user profile.
- Navigate to Case Login > Permissions and Groups.
- Expand the Assignment group, and review the assignment groups.
- Open the case that the user is searching for.
- Open the Case Details tab.
- Review the Assigned Group.
- Open the user profile.
Problems accessing solutions
Only Standard Administrators and Standard Masters users belonging to the Data Group defined in the Solution form have access to these solutions in the Solutions console.
Only Standard Administrators and Standard Masters that belong to a group defined on the Access tab of a solution, have permissions to associate a solution with cases.
Standard User, Standard Administrator, or Standard Master users cannot find a solution in the Case Type list of a Case form due to one of the following reasons:
- These users do not belong to a group defined on the Access tab of the Solution form
- The users do not belong to the Data Group defined in the Solution form
- The status of the solution they are searching for is Inactive, Draft or Retired.
To make a solution available in the Case Type list of a Case form, perform one or more of the following steps:
- In the Solution form, modify the data group of the solution on the Case Details tab
- In the Solution form, modify the access restrictions of the solution on the Access tab
- In the Solution form, change the status of the solution to Active
- In the People form, modify the Case Login details to enable access for the solution.