Enabling Microsoft Teams in a chatbot application
As an administrator in BMC Helix Virtual Agent and Microsoft Office 365 (Teams), you can use Microsoft Office 365 Teams as a communication channel for your chatbot application.
You can use Microsoft Teams in the following ways:
- To register the chatbot application using the Developer Portal. For more information, see Enabling Microsoft Teams in a chatbot application by using Developer Portal.
- To troubleshoot the issues in your chatbot application using the Microsoft Azure Portal. For more information, see Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams in a chatbot application by using Microsoft Azure Portal.
Microsoft has deprecated the Microsoft Teams App Studio from January 1, 2022, and moved its functionality to a new Developer Portal. For more information, see Enabling Microsoft Teams in a chatbot application by using Developer Portal.
Supported and unsupported features with Microsoft Teams
- End users can use Microsoft Teams only for one-to-one instant messaging.
- Features that are supported by BMC Helix Virtual Agent such as localized chatbot messages and live chat are available in Microsoft Teams.
- Other features such as group conversations and conference calls are not supported.
Sample BMC Helix Virtual Agent Microsoft Teams package
You can leverage the BMC Helix Virtual Agent Microsoft Teams sample package to build and test your chatbot application package for Microsoft Teams. The sample .zip package includes the following files:
- BMC Helix Virtual Agent icon.png
- BMC Helix Virtual Agent outline.png
Download the BMC Helix Virtual Agent Microsoft Teams sample package.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have completed the following tasks:
- Subscribed to Microsoft Office 365 .
In Microsoft Teams, allow interaction with custom apps , as shown in the Microsoft documentation.
- Installed Microsoft App Studio .
- Created the chatbot application that you want to configure to work with Microsoft Teams. For more information, see To create a chatbot.
- Configured the IBM Watson service credentials. For more information, see To configure the Skill ID for a chatbot.
- You have the endpoint URL of your chatbot application. To get the URL, log in to navigate to BMC Helix Innovation Studio, select the chatbot application and select Channels > Office 365 > Webhook URL.
- If you want to use the colors and icons provided by BMC for branding your chatbot, ensure that you have downloaded the BMC Helix Virtual Agent Microsoft Teams sample package.
Formatting chatbot responses to be displayed in communication channels
Log in or register to comment.