BMC Helix Portal is a SaaS solution with built-in common services on a microservices-based architecture and a set of integrated BMC Helix products from a single, unified view for an improved end-user experience. Navigate between applications without the need for separate authentication or integration. Use common services such as user management, tenant management, and single sign-on for the BMC products that are integrated on BMC Helix Portal .
The following video (3:23) provides a high-level introduction to the product and explains its key capabilities.
Integrated BMC products
When you access BMC Helix Portal, you see the products for which you have a license. However, as a trial user, you can try and buy all of the products available on BMC Helix Portal.
- BMC Helix ITSM: Smart IT
- BMC Helix Digital Workplace
- BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog
- BMC Helix Innovation Suite
- BMC Helix Business Workflows
Request cross-launch support from the BMC SaaS Operations team at BMC Support. You can request for cross-launch only if you are a licensed user of one or more of the preceding list of products.
BMC product licensing
The integrated BMC products can be categorized into:
- Licensed products that need to be purchased.
All integrated products are licensed unless they are add-on or bundled products.
- Add-on products that are available with one of the licensed products.
Add-on products can be further categorized into:
- Non-licensed: BMC Helix Log Analytics is a non-licensed add-on product available with BMC Helix Operations Management.
- Licensed: BMC Helix AIOps is a licensed add-on product available with BMC Helix Operations Management.
- Bundled products that can be used across various supported products.
BMC Helix Dashboards, BMC Helix Intelligent Integrations, and BMC Helix Developer Tools are bundled products.
For more information, see BMC Helix core services .
BMC Helix Portal provides the following built-in common services:
- User management
- Group management
- Roles and permissions
You can use the User management, Group management, and Roles and permissions services to set up role-based access control (RBAC) across the various integrated products. All the integrated products, irrespective of whether they are add-ons or bundled, can set up RBAC by using BMC Helix Portal. However, some products manage RBAC on their own.
You can access these common services to set up local users and user groups, and roles and permissions from the User access menu on the BMC Helix Portal Home page. For more information, see Setting up role-based access control. You can also set up external user access for a supported identity provider (IdP) and cross-product user access. For more information, see User identities.
The Notifications service provides the following types of in-app notifications:
Bell notifications – You receive this notification in the following scenarios:
- Change in your role assignment
- Change in your group role assignment
- Change in your group assignment
- Access key expiry: You receive a notification two days before the key expires.
- Tenant-level key expiry: All Administrator group members and the user who created and modified an API user receives the notification.
- User-level key expiry: The user who created an access key receives the notification.
A notification expires 30 days after it is read. An unread notification expires 30 days after it is received.
Can I retrieve a deleted notification?
No, after you delete a notification, you cannot retrieve it.
As a tenant administrator, you can enable or disable notifications, and add and remove recipients of a particular notification type. For more information, see Managing notification profiles.
Banner notifications – You receive this notification when the BMC SaaS Operations team schedules a maintenance or upgrade.
A banner closes automatically after two days.
Log in or register to comment.