Deploying the BMC Helix Intelligent Integrations on-premises gateway
Use the BMC Helix Intelligent Integrations gateway to collect data from the third-party products that are deployed in your on-premises environment and to send the collected data to the BMC Helix applications, such as BMC Helix Operations Management and BMC Helix Discovery in your SaaS or on-premises environment. The extracted data is posted to BMC Helix applications on port 443 via the HTTPS protocol.
The on-premises gateway provides quick and secure data transfer between the on-premises third-party products and BMC Helix applications. By using the gateway, organizations can keep data sources on their on-premises networks, yet securely use that on-premises data in BMC Helix services.
For more information about the scenarios in which you should deploy the gateway, see Deployment scenarios.
BMC Helix Intelligent Integrations is not part of the BMC Helix IT Operations Management on-premises deployment. It is available as a standalone deployment in an on-premises environment. Contact BMC Support for the files required for its standalone deployment.
You deploy the gateway in an on-premises environment by using either Docker containers or Podman containers. If you are planning to deploy the gateway, start by reviewing the system requirements.
See the following topics for the system requirements and the instructions to install the gateway:
- System requirements for the on-premises gateway
- Downloading the container images and utility files for the on-premises gateway
- Deploying the on-premises gateway by using Docker containers
- Deploying the on-premises gateway by using Podman containers
Where to go from here
After you deploy the gateway, configure connections with the following third-party products to collect data:
- Amazon Managed Services for Prometheus (Alerts)
- Amazon Managed Services for Prometheus (Metrics)
- AWS CloudWatch
- BMC Helix CMDB
- CA APM
- IBM Netcool
- Micro Focus NNMi (Events and Topology)
- Micro Focus NNMi (Metrics)
- Microsoft SCOM
- Nagios Core
- Nagios XI
- New Relic
- Prometheus (Alerts)
- Prometheus (Metrics)
- SolarWinds NPM
- Splunk Enterprise
- VMware Tanzu Application Service for VMs Cloud Foundry
- VMWare vROPS