BMC Helix Dashboards is a part of the BMC Helix solutions. Built on a microservices-based architecture, it is available both as a SaaS service and a container-based on-premises deployment. You access BMC Helix Dashboards from BMC Helix Portal, which is the launchpad to your licensed BMC Helix services. BMC Helix Dashboards offers unified reporting and gives you a consolidated view of data from applications across your environment. You can create, export, and share interactive dashboards with users within or outside your environment.
BMC Helix Dashboards uses the open source Grafana.
You can view data from the following products:
- BMC Helix Automation Console
- BMC Helix Business Workflows
- BMC Helix Cloud Security
- BMC Helix CMDB
- BMC Helix Continuous Optimization
- BMC Helix Digital Workplace
- BMC Helix Innovation Suite (includes AR system and Innovation Suite) and any custom application built on BMC Helix Innovation Suite
- BMC Helix Intelligent Automation
- BMC Helix ITSM
- BMC Helix ITSM Insights
- Live Chat
- BMC Helix Log Analytics
- BMC Helix Operations Management
- BMC Helix Portal
- BMC Helix Virtual Agent
The following video (4:30) provides a high-level introduction to the product and explains its key capabilities.
BMC Helix Dashboards key capabilities
|Collect data from various BMC Helix solutions and provides a consolidated view in the form of interactive dashboards.|
|Use out-of-the-box dashboards to quickly visualize and analyze data in your environment.||Viewing out-of-the-box dashboards|
|Configure dashboards, panels, and queries to gain insight into your data. You can also configure a time range for the data and explore a query to troubleshoot it.|
|Use dashboard variables as placeholders for values that can be used in queries and panel titles. By using variables, you can filter the dashboard's data to reflect the desired value.||Setting up variables for dashboard queries, filtering data, and panel title values|
|Schedule automatic distribution of dashboard reports through email or FTP server on specific days of the week, month, or a year. A tenant administrator can access the report from email or the FTP server according to the schedule to analyze the data.||Scheduling reports for automatic distribution|
Automate dashboard queries by creating calculated fields. By using the calculated fields, you can avoid writing manual queries for your dashboards.
Restrict dashboard permissions
|Restrict viewing, and access to a dashboard in your environment.||Roles and permissions|
The following annotated image explains the operations that are common across all dashboards:
- Folder name
- Dashboard name
- Select this icon to mark a dashboard as favorite. If you mark it as a favorite, the dashboard is available in a list on your home page for quick access.
- Share or export a dashboard. For more information, see Sharing and embedding dashboards.
- Click to add a panel in a dashboard. For more information, see Configuring dashboards, panels, and queries.
- Click to save your changes in a dashboard.
- Click to configure the common settings for a dashboard.
- Click to view a dashboard in the kiosk mode. In the kiosk mode, you can view the dashboard in full screen. Press the ESC key to come out of the kiosk mode.
- Click the arrow to change the time range for a dashboard. Select an absolute time range or a relative time range. In the absolute time range, you can add the start and end dates. In the relative time range, you can select a relative duration, for example, last 7 days or last 15 minutes.
- Click to zoom out the Time range box. Press CTRL+Z to undo the zoom.
- Click to refresh a dashboard and fetch the latest data.
Click the arrow next to this icon to specify the duration after which the dashboard is automatically refreshed. For example, every 5 seconds (s), every 2 hours (h), or every day (d).