Sharing and importing dashboards
As a tenant administrator, an editor, or a viewer, you can share a dashboard or a panel as a link or a snapshot with other users. You can also export or download dashboards or panels and import community or custom dashboards in the system.
Community dashboards are open-source dashboards that you can import for your use. You can import them from here . For more information, click here .
Custom dashboards are the dashboards that you create or edit.
To learn about dashboard concepts, see Setting up dashboards.
To share a dashboard or a panel
- Open a dashboard and click the Share icon
If you are sharing only a panel, click the title header of a panel and click the Share icon. .
- On the Share page, select one of the tabs depending on how you want to share the dashboard or panel.
- Link — Copy and share the link that you can see in this tab. You can choose to share the dashboard or panel with its current time range and template variables . You can also select a theme.
Snapshot — Share a dashboard or panel instantly with users inside or outside your organization. When you share a snapshot, sensitive data is removed and only the metrics data is displayed. While sharing, you can add a name for the snapshot and add an expiry time. The snapshot will not be available after the expiry time. You can also choose to configure a timeout for the dashboard or panel to collect data before taking a snapshot. For more information, click here .
By default, the Snapshot option is disabled in BMC Helix Dashboards. The tenant administrator or an editor can enable the Snapshot option for your account.
To enable the Snapshot option:
- On the BMC Helix Dashboards home page, hover over the Settings icon and click Preferences.
- Under Managing dashboard features, enable Snapshot.
- Export — Save or view the dashboard or panel as a JSON object.
Download — Save or view a dashboard or panel as a PDF, XLS or CSV file. You can select the page layout for the PDF. You can also configure the formats to download a dashboard. For more information, see To configure variable for supported report formats.
To import a dashboard
- On the left navigation pane, do one of the following.
- Hover your mouse over the Create icon and click Import.
- Hover over Dashboards and click Browse.
- On the Import page, do one of the following:
- Click Upload .json file and browse to the dashboard JSON file.
- In the Import via panel section, paste the dashboard JSON text.
- Click Load.
- Add a name and select a folder for the dashboard.
- Click Import.
To embed dashboards or panels in external applications
As a tenant administrator or an editor, embed dashboards or panels into any external application by using an iframe. By doing so, you can view a dashboard or a panel directly from an external application without logging into BMC Helix Dashboards.
The external application must be integrated with the same BMC Helix Single Sign-On as BMC Helix Dashboards. Otherwise, you will not be able to embed dashboards or panels in your application.
- Open a dashboard and click a panel title.
- Click Share.
- In the Share Panel dialog box, select the Embed tab.
Copy the HTML Code displayed in the Embed HTML box and paste it into the external application to view the panel.
<iframe src="https://<tenantURL>/dashboards/d-solo/UID-EVENTDATA/event-data?orgId=6881408&from=1646032655008&to=1646205455008&panelId=6" width="450" height="200" frameborder="0"></iframe>
In the above URL:
EVENTDATA indicates the dashboard's UID.
- from=1646032655008&to=1646205455008 indicates the date/time range for which the data will be displayed in the external application.
- panelId=6 indicates the panel that you want to embed.
- width="450" height="200" indicates the size of the panel that will be displayed in the external application.
(Optional) If you want to embed a dashboard in an external application, copy the URL of the dashboard as displayed on your computer screen and create an iframe URL:
<iframe src="https://<tenantURL>/dashboards/d/UID-EVENTDATA/event-data?orgId=6881408&kiosk=tv&from=1646032655008&to=1646205455008 width="800" height="400" frameborder="0"></iframe>
where kiosk=tv indicates that the dashboard will be displayed in cycle view mode.
Log in or register to comment.