Troubleshooting Cloudera ETL
This topic describes the steps to troubleshoot the Moviri Integrator for Helix Capacity Optimization - Cloudera ETL.
To collect ETL logs at log level 10
To add detailed activity logs to the log file:
- In the BMC Helix Capacity Optimization console, navigate to Administration > ETL & system tasks > ETL tasks and select the configured Cloudera ETL.
- In the Run configurations section, click .
- Make a note of the current value of the Log level setting.
- Change the log level to 10 - Verbose and save the run configuration.
- After you run the ETL and the logs are collected, set the log level back to the previous value to avoid filesystem space issues.
To determine the Cloudera ETL package version
- In the BMC Helix Capacity Optimization console, navigate to the Administration > System > Maintenance.
- In the Additional Packages tab, search for the Cloudera ETL and make a note of the Execution date, Component version, Installed version, and Status.
This information will help you in troubleshooting issues with Cloudera ETL.
Resolutions for common issues
The Cloudera ETL is not collecting data. The following message is reported in the Cloudera ETL log for each entity in the environment:
|The Default Last Counter value is not correctly set in the ETL configuration
The setting might have a value of "YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS Z" when it should be set to an actual timestamp value, such as "2017-09-11 00:00:00".
The Cloudera ETL fails with BCO_ETL_ERR011 error or an error similar to the following:
|This is a known issue with Cloudera ETL.
|Deploy the latest version of the Cloudera ETL from the Products Download section of the BMC Support portal.