Performing system maintenance tasks
Use the Administration > System > Maintenance page to perform the following system maintenance tasks:
Installing out-of-the-box views and packages
The Additional Packages tab lists the available packages, such as views, integrations (Sentry and Moviri integrators), administration data marts for analyses, models, and reports, and extensions that can be installed on BMC Helix Continuous Optimization.
The table displays the following details:
- Item: Name of the package.
- Vendor: Name of the vendor that is providing the package.
- Execution date (if available): The date on which the package was deployed.
- Status: The current status of the package, such as installed, not installed, or ended.
To install a package, click Install in the corresponding row.
Maintaining the system
The Maintenance Activities tab provides access to tasks that are useful when managing BMC Helix Continuous Optimization. The table provides the following information:
- Name and description of the task
- Date when the task was last executed
- Status of the executed task
To run a task, click Execute at the end of the corresponding row.
To extract data from an instance
The Domain Extractor task extracts data from another instance of BMC Helix Continuous Optimization and makes a copy to use on your installation. For example, use the Domain Extractor to move data from a demo environment to a production server.
- Click in the corresponding row to run the domain extractor.
- Click Next.
- In the Configuration page, enter the following details:
- Domain: Select the domain from which you want to extract data into a file. Use the file to upload the data to another BMC Helix Continuous Optimization instance.
- Extraction start time: Specify the extraction start time.
- Extraction end time: Specify the extraction end time.
- Resolution: Specify whether the data must be summarized hourly or you want to summarize all the data currently available.
- Select the appropriate host and click Proceed.
Click the View logs icon to view the the deployment log.
The page displays a list of the previous run of the domain extractors.
To download the
out_app-extractor_*.datpkgdata file to the local downloads directory, click the Download icon.
To import the downloaded data into the database, use the domain extractor importer ETL. For more information, see Generic - Domain extractor importer.
Clearing the system cache
To improve speed and performance, clear the cache to reload information from the database.
To clear the system cache, in the Maintenance Activities tab, on the Clear cache row, click clear cache .
Retrieving the log files
Use the Log Grabber task to retrieve the log files of all the components. The log files are useful for support purposes.
To run the log grabber, in the Log grabber row, click Execute .