Editing general properties for an analysis
The General tab enables you to modify basic options for an analysis.
Options that are available only in the Advanced mode are marked with a .
To edit general properties for an analysis
- In the Helix Capacity Optimization Console, navigate to Workspace > Domains, Services & Applications > Domain > Works.
- Click the analysis you want to modify. The analysis details page is displayed on the right.
- Click Edit. The Edit analysis page is displayed.
Expand the General tab and edit the properties listed in the following table:
Name of the analysis. You can use the available % variables to automatically populate the name.
Brief description of the analysis.
Select one of the following options to analyze the entities:
- Use a custom entity filter
- Use a composition of entity filters
Select entity filter
Available when you select Use a custom entity filter.
Select an entity filter from the list.
Composite entity filters
Available when you select Use a composition of entity filters.
Add entity filters from the list and select a logical operator (AND/OR).
Select the type of analysis. For more information, see Analyzing domain data.
Filter over the available templates by category.
Select a template for the analysis.
Template description Displays a brief description for the selected template.
Select one of the following options:
- Leave series at source timezone
- Remap series to UTC timezone
- Remap series to a custom timezone
If you select Remap series to a custom timezone, you must select a timezone.
Set the time resolution. Available options depend on the analysis type you choose:
- Automatic: Use the automatic resolution.
- Detail: Maximum available metric resolution.
- Hour: Hourly aggregate value.
- Day: Daily aggregate value.
- Week: Weekly aggregate value.
- Month: Monthly aggregate value.
- Hour class: Grouping into Morning, Midday, Afternoon and Night time periods.
- Day class: Weekdays, Saturdays or Holidays.
- Day profile: Shows the average day, that is the average value for each hour over the analysis period.
- Detail profile: Shows the average day (as in Day profile), but using the time resolution of source data. For example, the average value for each 15 minute interval over the analysis period.
- Week profile - hourly: Shows the average week with hourly resolution, that is the average value for each hour of weekdays over the analysis period.
- Week profile - daily: Shows the average week with daily resolution, that is the average value for each day over the analysis period.
- Month profile: Shows the average month, that is the average value for each day over the analysis period.
Select the policy to use for updating the analysis:
- Manual: Force an explicit update.
- Automatic on page access: Freshen the analysis every time the page is accessed.
- Automatic on time filter, system and business driver changes: Update the analysis depending on the content of the series.
Select the preferred access mode:
- Public analysis
- Public read-only analysis
- Private analysis
- Click Save, or continue with Editing filters for an analysis.