Downloading the product components
BMC Helix Continuous Optimization provides the following product components that you can download and use for specific purposes.
- ETL Development Kit
- Remote ETL Installer
- Gateway Server for Linux
- Continuous Optimization Agent
- Analyze and Predict
- Migration Toolkit
To access the Downloads page, navigate to Administration > Status > Downloads.
See the following topics for details about installing the components:
- For Remote ETL Engine and Gateway Server, see Installing remote components to collect on-premises data.
- For ETL development kit, see Creating and managing custom ETLs.
- For Continuous Optimization Agents, see Installing the Continuous Optimization Agent.
- For Migration Toolkit, see Migrating to BMC Helix Continuous Optimization.
Downloading Analyze and Predict components
Analyze is used to create workload definitions using the collected system data and produce a CSV output file. This can be used for reporting and modeling. Analyze also provides different options to create and refine workloads. Predict is used to calculate response times, throughput, and other key metrics using the models produced by Analyze. For more information, download the guides from PDFs and videos.
To download the component:
- In the Downloads page, in the Analyze and Predict for Windows tile, click Download. The TSCO_AnalyzeAndPredict_<version_number>_MSWindows.zip file is downloaded.
- Browse to the windows_gateway_server folder and run Setup.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to complete the installation.
The components are installed in the path specified in the wizard (for example, \BMC Software\Patrol3\BEST1\NTC\bgs\bin) folder.