Configuring the Report Executor task
You can use the Report Executor task to perform the following tasks on the basic and advanced reports:
- Automate the creation of reports
- Schedule the execution of reports.
The Report Executor task belongs to the Reporter task type. Depending on the type of BMC Helix Continuous Optimization deployment, there can be several tasks that belong to this category, that can be scheduled to generate reports at different intervals.
The following image shows an example of the System tasks table showing all tasks of type Reporter.
The following video explains how to set up a reporter task to automate report creation and upload.
This video describes the functionality of TrueSight Capacity Optimization, but it is valid for BMC Helix Continuous Optimization too.
Editing the run configuration
To edit the run configuration of a particular task of type Reporter, perform the following task:
- Navigate to Administration > ETL & SYSTEM TASKS > System tasks and click the appropriate task name (with the Type as Reporter) in the System tasks table.
- In the task details page, click Edit) ( under Run configurations.
In the Edit run configuration page, click Advanced.
- In the General configuration tab, enter a details of the run configuration.
- In the Scheduling options tab, set the following properties:
- Hour mask: Schedule to run the report for a particular hour.
- Day of week mask: Schedule to run the report on selected days of the week.
- Day of month mask: Schedule to run the report on particular days of a month. For example, 11, 15, 21-25.
- Apply mask validation: Set the mask validation to True or False.
- Execute after time: The time period after which the scheduler task must be executed.
- Enqueueable: Select whether or not you want the task to be enqueued if other tasks are being executed.