Adding and managing metric profiles
Metric profiles allow you to create a group of metrics for which data should be imported by an ETL module. This feature can currently be configured from the Collection level tab of all Out-of-the-box ETLs.
To add a Metric profile
- An out-of-the-box profile, Global profile, is available on the Metric profiles page. This profile is used by all ETL modules by default, if a Custom Metric profile is not selected from the Collection level tab. The aging level is preconfigured for various System and Business Driver metrics that are part of the Global profile.
- A custom profile, Compatibility profile, is available on the Metric profiles page. This profile contains all metrics with level set to  Standard.
- Navigate to Administration > DATA WAREHOUSE > Metric profiles.
- Click Add metric profile.
- Type the Profile name and Description.
- Click Save.
The Metric profiles page is displayed.
- Click the Profile name from the list.
The following tabs are available and can be used for various configurations:
- System metrics - Use this tab to add System Metrics to the profile.
- Business Driver metrics - Use this tab to add Business Driver Metrics to the profile.
- Click Save after you add metrics and define the mapping.
- Navigate to any of the Out-of-the-box ETLs and configure the Metric Profile that should be used from the Collection level tab.
When you run an ETL, data is extracted according to the configuration of the associated metric profile.
To add the required metric to a metric profile
- In Administration > DATA WAREHOUSE > Metric profiles > metricprofileName, select the System metrics or Business Driver metrics tab.
- Click Add.
- In the Add metric box page, select the following:
- Select the required System driver type or Business driver type.
- Select the required Metric.
- Select the required level for the new metric.
- Click Save.
To manage the filters for a metric profile
Select the following filters to filter the metrics displayed for adding to the metric profile:
- System / Business Driver type - Select the System or Business Driver type on which the metrics should be sorted.
Level - Select the level. The metric level defines the amount of metric imported into the data warehouse. If you increase the level, additional load is added to the data warehouse while decreasing the metric level reduces the number of imported metrics.
If the metric level is not properly configured, you may lose data.
- Visualization Mode - Select if all metrics should be displayed or only a subset of metrics based on the Global profile.
If you delete custom metric profiles that are currently in use by one or more ETL modules, the ETL modules will default to using the Global profile. All the settings selected in the Collection level tab for the ETL modules will be reverted.
Log in or register to comment.