Adding a custom view
As an administrator, create your own custom views in the Views tab. The Views tab provides out-of-the-box page templates that you need to configure to meet your specific requirements. Each template provides access to a specific type of data and presents it in a predefined format. You can create as many custom views as necessary.
A view consists of a set of pages that are based on the templates. You can group pages under a subview, if needed. The pages under a subview are displayed as tabs, also called subsystem tabs.
The following image shows a custom view with a single-page subview VMs and a subview Infrastructure Overview with two subsystem tabs Clusters and Hosts.
The following video (2:50) illustrates the process of adding a custom view.
This video describes the functionality of TrueSight Capacity Optimization, but it is valid for BMC Helix Continuous Optimization too.
For more information, see the following sections:
Before you begin
- Make sure that your user group has the administrator role assigned to it. Otherwise, the Manage Views option is not available.
- If the existing data marts do not contain the data that you need, create data marts as per your requirements. For more information, see Creating a SQL-based data mart for a custom view or Creating a summary data mart for a custom view or report.
- Add view groups, if required. For more information, see Adding and managing view groups.
To add a custom view
- In the left navigation pane of Views tab, select Manage Views.
- In the Manage Views page, click Add view.
- Enter the name of the view.
- From the View group list, select the view group to which the custom view should belong and click Next.
For more information on view groups, see Adding and managing view groups.
- In the Create the first page box, complete the following steps:
- In the Page name field, enter a name for the page.
From the Display the page list, select if you want to display the new page As a tab of the page menu, or In full screen, without page menu.
If you select As a tab of the page menu, the page is displayed as a tab in the custom view.
If you select In full screen, without page menu, the page is displayed in the full screen mode, and the page menu is not displayed.
You can choose to display pages that have many details, in full screen mode.
From the list of templates, select a template for the custom view. For more information about the page templates, see View page templates.
- Click Create.
The custom view is created and is displayed.
- Configure . For more information, see View page templates.
- Click Save.
The Capacity views page displays a table that lists all the views that are available in the Views tab.