The BMC Helix Continuous Optimization - OEM View enables you to manage the capacity of Orale database clusters and its hosts. You can use the OEM view to complete tasks such as:
- Overview the clusters and its database servers' utilizations
- Access detailed metrics for database clusters, instances. servers and disk groups
- Identify database table spaces and disk groups status and detect resource shortage conditions
- Understand the trends and current utilizations of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC)
Certified data sources
The certified data sources for the views are the following:
- BMC Out-of-the-box ETL: Oracle - Enterprise Manager extractor
You must configure and run one of these ETL modules to have data visible in the view.
The OEM view provides summarized, high-level capacity KPIs designed for capacity management. The following common conventions around naming and metrics aggregation are valid for all data presented in the view:
- Standard table column names: Metric name [unit of measurement] (ex. "Memory [GB]")
- Unit of measurement is omitted when implicitly evident
- The metric value on the summary table on each overview page is the aggregation of the last 30 days
- Configuration metric value is aggregated as last value, while utilization metrics are extracted as 95th percentile value
This is only valid for summary metrics presented in tables and overall page. The charts presented in the details pages follow regular over time metrics semantics, whose time frame and time resolution available as filters in the top of the page.
The OEM view is composed of the following first-level pages:
- Infrastructure: it shows capacity metrics for Database clusters and database servers
- RAC: it shows capacity metrics for Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) and RAC instances
- Database Capacity: it shows database metrics and tablespaces overview of the database instances
- ASM Disk Group: it shows capacity metrics for ASM disk groups.
You can hide or unhide more columns by clicking the table names on each overview pages to show or not show some columns
From all the overview page, you can drill-down to an entity detail page, which presents the most relevant performance metrics as time charts and tables for the most important configuration properties.
The OEM view takes advantage of BMC Helix Continuous Optimization materialized data marts in order to enable faster page loading times during user browsing, by pre-computing the underlying data. To achieve this result, a proper DataMartMaterializer task is deployed as part of the view installation process. By default, the task is scheduled to run every day at midnight. Please modify the scheduling parameters to fit the environment needs, such as:
- Data loading scheduling and warehouse latency
- Multiple refresh in the same day
- OEM view user needs
The Datamart materializer is shown in the next figure and can be found under System Tasks: