Managing time filters
Time filters are used to restrict an analysis, model, view, or report to a specific time period, allowing you to exclude critical dates (for example, hours or weekdays).
To create a time filter
To add a global time filter, which will be visible from all domains:
- Open the Filters folder located at the bottom of the Domains, Services & Applications navigation tree.
To add a local time filter, select the domain for which you want to add the time filter, and open the Filters folder.
- Click Add > Add time filter.
- Specify the name and description.
- Specify the time range for the filter.
- (Optional) Click Advanced to configure the additional settings:
- Day filter: When selected, the data will be displayed with the data point for every day. The day filter acts only on aggregations at detail, hour, and day resolutions.
- Hour filter: Only the selected hours will be included. The hour range is from 0 to 23. Multiple ranges can be specified using comma-separated values. For example, 1,3,5-12
- Weekday filter: Only the selected weekdays will be included.
- Day of month filter: Only the selected days or periods in a month will be included. The range is from 1 to 31 and multiple ranges can be specified.
- Month filter: Only the selected months will be included.
- Click Save.
Editing a time filter
To edit a filter, click the Edit icon corresponding to the time filter you wish to modify.
The Edit form is similar to the add form. Make the necessary changes, and click Save.
If the filter is in use, a warning appears informing you that any changes will affect analyses, models, views, and reports that use it.
Deleting a time filter
Before deleting a time filter, check that it is not in use by any analysis, model, view, or report.
To delete a filter, click the Delete icon corresponding to the time filter you want to remove.
Copying or moving a time filter
You can copy or move a time filter to another domain using the Copy or Move options. When prompted, specify the destination domain.
Example: Creating a business holiday filter for the previous year
- In the Add a new time filter page, click Advanced.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the filter (example, Business Holiday).
- In the Time period from field, select the start date of the previous year and the end date of the previous year.
- In the Single day field under Exclude following days from time period, add the date of the business holiday.
- Continue to add all the dates of business holidays in the previous year.
- Save the filter.
You can now use this time filter while creating analysis, models, views, or reports when you want to view the previous year data with the business holiday filter.