Managing charts and tables in Views
As a capacity user, you can manage the data displayed in charts and tables in Views with the help of various data filters and controls. These controls enable you to customize the output and display of information.
On some pages, you can show or hide columns in the tables, and also sort the columns based on the available sorting options.
You can download, annotate, and print the charts.
To manage charts
To download, save, or print charts, click and select the required option. To annotate charts, do the following:at the top-right of the chart
If you want to adjust the time range selection, select the time frame in the chart and the chart is adjusted to show the selected time range.
- To annotate charts, click at the top-right of the chart.
- Click Annotate.
- Add your annotation in the chart using the default annotation style.
- To customize the style, click
- Click Add and select:
- Shape to add a shape from the list of predefined shapes.
- Text to add text.
- Click Change and choose from the available options to customize the appearance of your annotation.
You can undo, redo or cancel your changes.and do one, or both of the following:
- Click Add and select:
Example: Annotating a chart and downloading it as a PNG file
To show/hide columns in a table
- Click the action menu
- In the Show/Hide Columns window, select the check box corresponding to the name of the columns that you want to display.
- The sorting preferences are user-specific.
- Sorting preferences are stored when you log out and log in again.
To sort columns in a table
You can sort columns in tables alphabetically, or by size. You can also use the available filter options to sort columns.
Refer to the following image to see the the different sorting options available for tables:
1- Sorting options for sorting the column by size, or alphabetically, in case of columns that show values in text format.
For columns that show values in text format, you can sort alphabetically from A to Z or Z to A.
2 - List that displays predefined conditions that you can select from. The conditions differ, depending on whether the column value is in text or numerical format.
For the selected condition, type a corresponding value in the Value box.
3 - Short column descriptionYou can remove the applied sorting by using the Clear sorting option. This option is displayed only if a column is sorted by using any of the available options.
In this example, the Capacity tab in the vSphere Infrastructure view displays a table which is not sorted.
To sort it by the CPU utilization size:
- Click the CPU Util [% ] column name.
In the pop-up menu, click the option by which you want to sort the column.
- The column updates with the selected sorting option. The column also displays an arrowhead icon, denoting that the column is sorted.