Configuring the System time forecasting template
The System time forecasting template enables you to display charts that are generated from the last run of a time forecasting model for the required system. A time-forecasting model generates the future behavior trend for one or more performance metrics by observing their past behavior captured over time.
Use this template to create a custom view or add a page to a custom view. From the view page that is configured using the System time forecasting template, you can run the time-forecasting model to refresh data in the charts.
Before you begin
Make sure that the time-forecasting.model that you want to select in the template is created. For details about creating a time forecasting model, see
To configure a view using the System time forecasting template
The following video (7:07) illustrates the process of using the System time forecasting template in a custom view.
This video describes the functionality of TrueSight Capacity Optimization, but it is valid for BMC Helix Continuous Optimization too.
- For a new view, add a view and select System time forecasting as the template. For detailed steps, see Adding and managing views.
- For a new page in an existing view, add a page and select System time forecasting as the template. For detailed steps, see To add a page to an existing custom view.
In the view page, specify the following information:
Enter a title for the page.
Select the required scenario of the time-forecasting model from the list.
- Show contained elements count: Enable or disable display of the number of contained elements.
Show tags: Enable or disable the display of tags, if available, for the system.
Show recommendations: Enable or disable recommendations. When you enable it, links to a set of recommended actions are displayed, that can help you resolve capacity-related problems in your environment. For more information, see Adding recommendations to the System details template.
To display information related to a single system, use the system filters:
Display system type: Select the type of system to display in the view page. You can select one or more similar system types from the list. For example, Virtual Machine - AIX LPAR, Virtual Machine - AIX Shared Processor LPAR and Virtual Machine - AIX VIO LPAR.
(Optional) To use a different label to display the system type filter, enter a new label.
(Optional) To add additional filters
You can add up to two additional filters to select system types. Click (Change).
In the Filters section:
- Select the system type from the System type filter 1 list. I f you have selected more than one system in the Display system type, you can select the common parent system type for the selected systems. For example, if you have selected the Display system type as Virtual Machine - AIX LPAR, Virtual Machine - AIX Shared Processor LPAR and Virtual Machine - AIX VIO LPAR, you can select Virtual Host - AIX PowerVM in the System type filter 1 list.
- Similarly, select System type filter 2, if required.
For more information, see Using system type filters in views.
(Optional) To add related links
You can add drill-down links for the view, like Host Details and so on, if available,. For example, from a system details view of a cluster, add link to the table of hosts of that cluster.
- Click + Add link.
- In the Link Label box, type a name for the link.
- From the Target page list, select the page you want to link to.
You can add multiple links.
The custom view page is created with the defined configuration. You can filter the charts in the view page by applying the appropriate filter such as domain, tag, and system.
Example of a custom view page with the System time forecasting template