Adding a questionnaire to a service
As a catalog administrator, internal service supplier, or internal service supplier administrator, you must create a questionnaire for a workflow that contains process input variables. Process input variables are questions that collect information from a user at the time of the request and pass it into the process workflow.
Process input variables from a workflow are automatically added to a related questionnaire.
Before you begin
Create a service, or modify an existing service. For more information, see Adding and updating services.
Attach a workflow to a service. For more information, see Attaching a workflow to a service.
To add a questionnaire to a service
- In BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog, select Services > Services, and open a service that has a workflow attached to it.
- In the Service Options panel, click Edit next to Workflow.
- On the Workflow & Questions pane, click Add next to Questions.
In the Questionnaire Library, search for an available questionnaire that you would like to attach to a workflow, select it, and then click Save.
You can add a new questionnaire to a workflow only after you add it to the Questionnaire Library.
To add a new questionnaire to the Questionnaire Library
The following restriction applies to you only if you are an internal service supplier or internal service supplier administrator:
If the workflow associated with your service does not belong to your subcatalog, you cannot add new questionnaires or edit existing questions associated with this workflow. You can only attach available questionnaires to your service.
- Open the Questionnaire Library in one of the following ways:
- On the Workflows page, select a workflow, and then click Manage Questions.
- On the Service Management page, select a service, and perform steps described in To add a questionnaire to a service.
Click Actions, and select one of the following options:
To create a single user request questionnaire, select Create single user request
To create a multi-user request questionnaire, select Create multi-user request. For more details about these options, see Adding questions to a questionnaire.
Where to go from here
Complete the required steps to create a questionnaire. For information about how to create a questionnaire, see Designing a questionnaire.