The PATROL Knowledge Module for UNIX and Linux monitors and manages memory through two applications: MEMORY and SWAP.
- The MEMORY application monitors such memory activity as
- Number of active virtual pages
- Number of pages anticipated
- Number of pages freed per second
- Number of pages in and out per second
- Number of pages scanned per second
- The MEMORY application reports detailed memory utilization.
- The MEMORY application also manages shared-memory segments and semaphores.
- The SWAP application monitors virtual memory. It provides the following information for the entire system and for each swap area.
- Amount of disk space reserved for swap
- Amount of swap space used
- Percentage of swap space used
The following sections appear in this topic: