To use email-based alerting, you must create groups of recipients and configure the policies that the system follows when it sends email alerts to these groups.
Before you begin
Before enabling email-based alerting, ensure that the device has been configured to operate with a specific mail server.
A Security user must enable the email notification service.
To add an email notification group
Create a group of recipients and configure policies to send email alerts to the group. To perform this procedure, you must have Operator-level access, or higher.
In a Real User Analyzer component, point to Administration > General settings and click Email notification groups.
- In the Action menu, click Add.
- Type a name and a description for the notification group.
- Add recipients by typing a comma-separated list of email addresses in the Recipients box.
You can add up to 100 recipients per notification group.
- In the Send emails during these periods section, specify when the device sends email notifications:
- To receive email notifications at any time, select the 24/7 option button.
- To restrict notifications to specific times, click the based on the following settings button:
- To receive email notifications during weekdays, select weekdays and specify the hours during which you want to receive notifications.
- To receive email notifications on weekends, select weekends and specify the hours during which you want to receive notifications.
- If you do not want to receive email notifications on weekdays or weekends, clear the weekends box.
- Click Save.
To turn on email alerts for a notification group
To enable the system to begin sending alerts to a configured notification group, turn on the email alerts for the notification group.
In the Real User Analyzer, point to the Administration > General settings, and then click Email notification groups.
In the row for the notification group that you want to receive email alerts, click ON.
Even if email alerts for a notification group are enabled, the device can only send alerts if the following conditions are met:
The system provides an estimate of the maximum time it needs to dispatch the entire email alert queue according to your configurations. This estimate indicates the maximum delay between the time the device detects an error and the time the alert is received.
Enabling email notification of system alerts with SMTP
Defining custom error-detection rules and notifications on the Analyzer
Defining incident-detection rules on the Analyzer
Enabling the SNMP service for end-user experience monitoring