Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
To alert users through traps, the Security role user enables Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), and an Operator role (or higher) configures traps.
Before you begin
For the system to start sending trap-based alerts, configure the SNMP settings and enable the SNMP service.
To configure trap-based alerts
- In the Analyzer or Collector interface, go to Administration > General settings, and then click System alerts.
- In the Action menu for the Traps alerts section, click Edit.
- In the Send trap if alert level is at least list, set the minimum alert level, for example, Attention.
- Click Save.
To enable trap-based alerts
By default, trap alerts are enabled. If email alerts have been switched off, you must enable them before the device can send any email-based alerts.
- In the Analyzer or Collector interface, go to Administration > General settings, and click System alerts.
- In the Traps alerts section, click the Enable switch.
Configuring email-based alerts