Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
By default, BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition components have the following access-management features:
- The device authenticates and authorizes users via a local mechanism.
- Users must log on with a user name and a password. By default, there is no penalty for repeated unsuccessful logon attempts. The Security user can set up a restriction on logon attempts in the Account Policies page from the Administration tab.
- Inactive accounts remain viable by default. The Security user can modify account viability.
- Users can use the administrator-created passwords and never change them.
- Passwords can be short, simple, and, therefore, vulnerable to guessing or brute-force attacks.
- To prevent unauthorized persons from accessing the web interface of this device, a user with the Security role can enable enhanced account and password security.
The following topics describe how to configure access management policies and settings.
Securing the Real User Analyzer and Collector and restricting access to traffic data