You can change the way in which dashboards are arranged in the web interface. The following sections in this topic describe how to perform the following procedures:
You can move a group to a different dashboard by dragging it to the tab of the target dashboard.
Changing the layout of the Dashboards page can involve:
- Changing the name of dashboard
- Changing the location of the dashboard tab
- Changing the name or layout of a group
- Changing the location of a group
- Changing the location of a dashlet
To change the location of the dashboard
- Point to the dashboard's tab and use the tab's drag handle to drag the tab left or right until a space opens for it.
- Drop the tab into position.
To change the group name or the dashboard layout
- On the group shortcut menu, click Edit settings.
- Specify new group settings:
- In the Group title text box, enter a new name for the group.
- Select a different preconfigured group layout.
- Click OK.
To change the location of a group on a dashboard
- Click and hold the group title.
- Drag the group up or down until a green box appears, which indicates a possible target position for the group.
- Drop the group in the position that you want.
To change the location of a dashlet
- Using the dashlet drag handle, drag the dashlet toward a target position until a green box appears.
The box indicates a possible target position for the dashlet.
- Drop the dashlet into position.
You can move a dashlet to a different dashboard by dragging it to the tab of the target dashboard.
To change the title of a dashlet
Depending on the type of dashlet, you might be able to set the title with dynamic content. Otherwise, you can edit the title manually.
- On the dashlet shortcut menu, click Edit title.
- Use one of the following options:
- In the Dashlet title box, type a custom name.
- Select dynamic labels from the list. For example, you could use the Watchpoint and Metric labels to name the dashlet.
The code representing the dynamic label appears in the Dashlet title box.
You can also combine dynamic elements with text that you enter.
- Click OK.
Building a dashboard on the Analyzer