Security configuration is defined in an individual XML file for each instance of an Analyzer or a Collector. Downloading this file enables you to perform the following functions:
To download and edit the security configuration file
- In an Analyzer or in a Collector, on the Administration page, click Managing configuration and then click Download security configuration:
Downloading the security configuration file
- Download the ZIP file with configuration files in XML format.
Unpack the ZIP file and edit the XML file.
BMC recommends that you backup your current configuration before editing the file.
- Make changes to the XML file and save it. The names of the parameters are self-explanatory and correspond to security features.
- Archive the XML file into a new ZIP file. The file name does not matter.
- On the Administration page, click Managing configuration and then click Upload security configuration.
- The Upload security configuration page opens. If you select Purge system data box, the system purges all the collected traffic data along with all calculated statistics.
- Click Upload.
The updated XML file replaces the existing system configuration.
To restore to security configuration to factory settings
- On the Administration page, click Managing configuration and then click Restore to factory configuration.
- On the Restore to factory configuration page, specify the following options:
- Click OK to apply changes.
Configuring account access policies for an Analyzer
Configuring account access policies for a Collector