BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring business value
As user expectations rise and front- and back-end application architecture becomes more complex, it is more important than ever to understand how your customers and users experience your application. BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring supports the following business needs:
- Ensuring customer satisfaction by proactively monitoring web application performance and availability from the end-user perspective
- Measuring service levels
- Identifying web application problems before customers call for help
- Diagnosing and restoring services faster
With end-user experience monitoring implemented, IT Operations can perform the following functions:
- Monitor the end-user user experience and prioritize issues based on end-user impact
- Monitor traffic, availability, and performance of web applications
- Monitoring application performance and availability with Analyzer dashlets
- Generate reports to ensure that service level agreements (SLAs) are being met
- Run historical queries based on exported data
What is real-time, end-user experience monitoring and how does it work?
The BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition uses packet capture analysis to passively watch actual transactions from real users as they interact with a web application across physical and cloud environments, the internet, and corporate networks. It delivers accurate, real-time transaction and detection information about sessions, applications, and content levels.
For more information, see End-user experience traffic data capture and segmentation
What does the system watch?
The system monitors web traffic (a data stream across a digital network between a client computer and a web server). In web-based applications, the user’s browser software sends requests to a web server by using HTTP or HTTPS. The web server responds with the pages, images, and other documents the browser requested. The result of these individual requests is a web page.
What does the system report?
The BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition creates web application metrics from the web traffic . You can directly query the metrics or drill down to the metrics through dashlets, Watchpoints, and reports. For example, the Application Performance Reporter dashlet shows the network performance of your web applications over a specified period of time. You can see areas where end users are experiencing poor performance due to high network usage. This information can help to identify areas where your web application performance can be improved by using content acceleration services such as Akamai.
Application Performance Reporter dashlet