In addition to monitoring incidents on dashboards and on the Incidents page, you can monitor incidents by using email notifications.
Before you begin
Configure an incident detection rule and set up email notifications for the rule.
To perform this procedure, you must have Operator-level access, or higher.
Using email notifications
When the system detects an incident that matches a rule, it sends an email with incident details to recipients specified in the Notification tab of the incident detection rule.
Typical incident email notification contains the following information:
- Date and time when the incident occurred
- Device that detected the incident
- The type of incident detection rule that triggered the incident (Availability, Performance, or Volume)
- The Watchpoint associated with the incident
- Incident's urgency rating
- Incident description
- Hyperlinks for viewing the incident on the Incidents page or in the Session Browser
- Incident detection rule that detected the incident
- A list of traffic property values that changed significantly during the incident.
List of significant changes displays the deviation percentage for the traffic properties that changed significantly during the incident.
Configuring incident notifications on the Analyzer
Defining an email notification group for system alerts