A group is the container for dashlets, so any dashboard must have at least one group. On the Analyzer component, you can group the dashlets within the dashboard for a consistent and user-friendly appearance. For example, you can distinguish performance-related dashlets from incident-related ones by adding a group for each type.
Adding a group to a dashboard involves:
- Giving the group a meaningful name
- Selecting a layout for the group
To add a group
- On the Action menu of the Dashboards page, click Add new group.
- In the Group title box, enter a name for the group.
- Select a preconfigured group layout by clicking its option button.
A lock icon in a column of the layout indicates that the width of that column is fixed. The width of other columns adjusts dynamically to fill the group layout.
- Click OK.
The new group appears on the dashboard. You can add dashlets to the group or drag dashlets between groups.
Changing the layout of the Dashboards page
Building a dashboard on the Analyzer