In BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition, you can export performance data by using the following methods:
- System staging area — Export data from the system staging area by using the bulk data export feature.
- Reports — Export report data to a CSV file by clicking Export Data in the upper right corner of a report.
- Bulk data export API — Export data using the HTTP-based Bulk data export API, accessed via a parameterized URL. This method delivers a zip file with CSV data for specific data types (sessions, pages, objects, or errors) and a statistics file that describes the downloaded data and provides additional metrics (for example, data loss during the request time).
- Watchpoint summary export API — Export Watchpoint summary data by sing an HTTP-based Watchpoint summary export API, accessed via a parameterized URL. The CSV data retrieved from this API represents an extended version of what you can see on the Watchpoint Summary.
- Watchpoint streaming export API — Export Watchpoint data using the HTTP-based Watchpoint streaming export API, accessed via a parameterized URL. This method streams the data that has been captured for a specific Watchpoint (in an uncompressed CSV format) to a web browser until the connection is closed.
Bulk data export
The bulk data export feature provides data from a staging area that maintains the performance data with full integrity in a compressed format.
The staging area is constrained by size (it cannot hold more than the server disk space can afford) and by time (it stores data for approximately 24 hours, and then the new data replaces the old data).
The Administration > Data sharing settings > Bulk data export page enables you to control the staging area and customize the selection of data that is persisted in the staging area for export purposes. The page provides statistics for the current state of the staging area, as well as for any active exports.
The staging area is a persistent store, which means that its contents will survive a reboot of the appliance. Due to buffering issues, data can take as long as five minutes to appear in the staging area after it was seen on the network.
Monitoring traffic, availability, and performance in real time from a Watchpoint
Bulk data export API