On the Administration page of a Real User Analyzer, select Watchpoint Management > Available Watchpoints.
- Create the Watchpoint:
- On the Action menu, click Add a Watchpoint.
- In the Name box, type a descriptive name for the Watchpoint, for example Watchpoint Application – example.com.
- In the Type list, select Page.
- In the Description text box, type Traffic to example.com.
To automatically create incident detection rules for the Watchpoint, select the Monitor performance incidents, Monitor volume incidents, and Monitor availability incidents check boxes.
For more information, read Defining incident-detection rules on the Analyzer.
- Click Save and proceed to configuring filters.
- To monitor only traffic to your web application (example.com), refine the scope of the Watchpoint by adding a filter to the Watchpoint:
- In the Traffic filters section for the new Watchpoint, on the Add filter menu, click Add new filter.
- In the Name box, type Application – example.com.
- Click Build filter expression.
The Expression builder opens.
Composing a filter to identify traffic to your web application
- In the Field list, click URI Host.
- In the Comparison list, click contains.
- In the Comparison box, type example.com.
- Click Add.
- Click Save.
- In the Filter description box, type Objects in the list of static file types.
- Click Save.
- To make the system begin collecting and aggregating traffic for the new Watchpoint, click ON.
Successfully configured Watchpoint
Defining and managing Watchpoints to group web traffic