You can change the App Visibility proxy settings, such as the host name of the computer or port numbers, in the apm-proxy.properties file located in the following directories:
This topic presents the following procedures:
To change the host name for communication with the App Visibility proxy (or access through a load balancing or reverse proxy server)
By default, App Visibility uses the operating system’s configured host name to communicate between components.
You can override the default host name configuration in the following situations:
- If the default APM proxy host name is incorrect, for example, if the automatically detected host name is not the fully qualified device name (FQDN), you need to replace the host name with the FQDN.
- If APM proxy is behind a load balancing or reverse proxy server, then you must replace the host name or IP address with that of the intermediary server. The property value directs end-user browser data through the load balancing or reverse proxy server and must be accessible from all browsers. You need to configure the load balancing or reverse proxy server to forward requests to the APM proxy.
Perform the following procedure to override the default host name configuration:
- Open the apm-proxy.properties file.
- Change the callback.address value to the required host name or IP address, and save the file.
- Restart the App Visibility proxy service.
To change the App Visibility proxy port numbers
- On the App Visibility proxy, open the apm-proxy.properties file.
Modify the App Visibility proxy HTTPS listening port. The default port is 8300.
Modify the App Visibility proxy supportability port. The default port is 8301.
- Save the file and restart the App Visibility proxy service.
To set security properties for the proxy
Changing App Visibility collector settings
Changing App Visibility portal settings
Starting and stopping the App Visibility server services
Changing security certificates in App Visibility components