To manage incidents, you must add a rule that triggers incidents when the system detects abnormal behavior in your web traffic. To perform this procedure, you must have Operator-level access, or higher.
To add an incident-detection rule
In a Real User Analyzer component, point to Administration > Threshold and problem detection and click Incident detection.
- On the Action menu, click Add.
- In the Name box, type Performance for MyBillingApplication.
- In the Watchpoint list, type a name for the rule.
For example, if you have a Watchpoint called MyBillingApplication that identifies traffic for your billing application and you want a performance rule to create incidents when too many pages violate their SLTs, you could type Performance for MyBillingApplication.
- For Type, select the type of rule that you want to create:
- Performance — The incident will trigger each time when system detects too many pages violating Service Level Thresholds (SLTs)
- Availability — The incident will trigger each time when system detects an abnormally high percentage or errored requests
You can customize, which errors the system monitors for incidents
- Volume — The incident will trigger each time when system detects an abnormally high or low number of requests
- To activate the rule immediately after creation, leave the Activate box selected.
- To edit advanced settings for this rule, click Next and proceed to Configuring advanced detection on the Analyzer.
The following tabs open:
- Click Save.
Where to go from here
Configure advanced detection parameters.