When you add a new report to the library, it is saved and available for further use. To perform this procedure, you must have Operator-level access, or higher.
To create a report
In the Real User Analyzer , go to the Reports > Report library page.
- On the Action menu, click Add new report.
- In the Name box, enter a descriptive name for the new report.
- In the Description box, enter a description for the new report.
- In the Watchpoint list, select the Watchpoint that you want to report on.
To create a Watchpoint, see Defining and managing Watchpoints to group web traffic.
- In Time range, select a value from the list (such as last 30 minutes) or click custom time range to specify the period of time for the report to cover.
- Click the Metric menu to select the metric on which you want to report:
- Delivery Mode
- Errors and Aborted Requests
- Errors by Category
- HTTP Method (Head/Get/Post)
- HTTP Status
- Latency: All Sources
- Latency: End to End
- Latency: Host
- Latency: Network
- Latency: Page Redirect (All Elements)
- Latency: Ratio of Secure Requests affected by SSL
- Latency: SSL Handshake
- Network Load in Bytes Transferred
- Network Throughput
- Number of Objects per Page
- Page-Render Time
- Instrumented-Page Count
- Session Arrivals
- Session Departures
- Sessions Impacted
- Sessions with Errors
- TCP Packets Out-of-Order
- TCP Retransmissions
- TCP Roundtrip Time
- In the Report type selector, click the kind of report to display:
- Simple Graph: A history of the metric over time
- Performance compliance: A chart that compares the metric performance against performance-compliance levels (PCLs)
- In the Show data by selector, specify the reporting increment (x-axis):
To report a metric over a specific time interval within the time range that you selected, click the time interval, such as 5 min.
Use this option to identify the best and worst time periods during the selected interval.
Performance compliance reports cannot be displayed by daily or weekly intervals.
- To report metric history in relation to the observed traffic levels within the time range that you selected:
- Traffic to this Watchpoint: Displays changes in relation to observed traffic levels for only the Watchpoint that you specified
- Traffic to all Watchpoints: Displays traffic changes for all Watchpoints
This option can help pinpoint the traffic volume level at which performance begins to decrease.
- Click Save Report.
The report is created and is available for further use. Now you can send it via email.
For a single use, you can run a custom report.
Running a saved report about the real end-user experience
Getting details about the data in a report
Exporting report data
Sending a report via email