This task describes how to enable a selected printer so that the printer can process print jobs.
Before you begin
- You must be root to run this command.
- Make sure that the print queue associated with this printer is running.
To Start a Printer
On the printer that you want to start, perform the following steps.
- Access the PRINTER application menu as described in Accessing KM Commands and InfoBoxes.
- Select Start Printer. BMC PATROL prompts you for the password for the root account.
- Type the password and click OK.
- If the print queue is enabled or started when you start the printer, BMC PATROL changes the state of the PRINTER instance to OK.
- If the print queue is disabled or stopped when you start the printer, BMC PATROL changes the state of the PRINTER instance to WARN. PATROL changes the printer icon to OK and the printer begins processing any jobs that have collected in its queue. To stop the printer from within BMC PATROL, see Stopping a Printer.