This task describes how to determine which printers BMC PATROL excludes from monitoring and how to resume monitoring printers that have been excluded from monitoring.
Before you begin
- By default, the PRINTER application class is inactive. After you activate the PRINTER application class and collector, BMC PATROL monitors all printers.
- The exclusion list feature supports regular expressions. To stop monitoring large numbers of printers that have uniform names, use regular expressions.
- To perform this task, you must be in developer mode. If you attempt to stop monitoring a printer when in operator mode, BMC PATROL displays the following error message in the system output window.
PRINTER: Only Development Console can filter an instance
To Stop Monitoring Printers
On any printer instance, perform the following steps.
- Access the PRINTER application menu as described in Accessing KM Commands and InfoBoxes.
- Select Edit PRINTER Exclusion List. BMC PATROL opens the PRINTER Exclusion List dialog box, which displays a list of monitored printers and a list of excluded printers. For more information on exclusion lists, see Using Exclusion and Inclusion Lists.
- In the Monitored Printers list box, select the name of the printer that you want to exclude from monitoring.
- Click the right arrow to move the printer into the Excluded Printers list box
- Click Apply. BMC PATROL adds the printer to the list of excluded printers and then removes the printer icon from the BMC PATROL Object Hierarchy.
- Repeat step 3 through step 5 for each printer that you want to exclude.