This task describes how to move a print job from one printer to another. This feature is useful when a printer is busy and you have a job that needs to run immediately.
Before you begin
You must be root to run this command.
To Move a Print Job from One Printer to Another
On the printer whose queue contains the print job that you want to move, perform the following steps.
- Access the PRINTER application menu as described in Accessing KM Commands and InfoBoxes.
- Select Move Job to Another Printer. BMC PATROL displays the Move Job to Another Printer dialog box.
Move Job to Another Printer Dialog Box
- Type the print job number in the Enter Job Id field. To learn the number of a print job, see Viewing All Print Jobs.
- Type the name of the printer to which you want to move the job and click Apply. BMC PATROL prompts you for the password for the root account.
Move Jobs To Another Printer Confirmation Dialog Box
- Type the password and click OK. BMC PATROL moves the print job from the current printer to the designated printer.
PRINTER Application Menu