You can use this task to modify the configuration of an existing management console. You can log on to a management console in one the following ways:
- Password-based authentication: You need to enter user name and password.
- Key-based authentication: You need to enter user name, public and private key file paths, and passphrase.
To modify a management console
- Access the PowerVM application menu as described in Accessing KM menu commands.
- Select Manage List of Management Consoles from the PowerVM application menu. The Manage List of Management Consoles dialog box is displayed.
- Select a host from the Management Console List.
- Select Modify Management Console and click OK. The Modify Management Console dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the user name
- Enter the password.
- Enter the paths in the Public Key File Path and Private Key File Path fields if you are using key-based authentication.
- Enter the passphrase to access the public key and private key files if you are using key-based authentication.
- Click OK.
The configurations of the selected host will be modified.
Deleting a management console
Adding a new management console for monitoring
Using the PATROL KM for UNIX for Process Monitoring