This task describes how to cancel either a print job or all print jobs on a specific printer.
Before you begin
- You must be root to run this command.
- To perform this task, you must be in developer mode. If you attempt to stop monitoring a printer when in operator mode, PATROL displays the following error message in the system output window.
PRINTER: Only Development Console can filter an instance
To Delete a Print Job from a Printer
On the printer whose queue contains the print job that you want to delete, perform the following steps.
- Access the PRINTER application menu as described in Accessing KM Commands and InfoBoxes.
- Select Delete Job. BMC PATROL displays the Delete Print Job dialog box.
Delete Print Job Dialog Box
- Type the print job number in the Enter Job ID field and click on Apply. To learn the number of a print job, see Viewing All Print Jobs. BMC PATROL prompts you for the password for the root account.
- Type the password and click OK. BMC PATROL deletes the print job.
To Delete all print jobs from a printer
- Access the PRINTER application menu for the printer instance as described in Accessing KM Commands and InfoBoxes.
- Select Delete All Jobs. PATROL prompts you for the password for the root account.
- Type the root password and click OK. PATROL cancels all print jobs writes the results to a PATROL task object, Delete All Jobs, in the PRINTER container.