You can use the PATROL KM for UNIX to add a management console for monitoring the PowerVM environment. This task provides information about how to add a new management console for monitoring.
You can log on to a management console in one the following ways:
- Password-based authentication: You must enter the user name and the password.
- Key-based authentication: You must enter the user name, public and private key file paths, and the passphrase.
To add a new management console
- Access the PowerVM application menu as described in Accessing KM Commands and InfoBoxes.
- Select Manage List of Management Consoles from the PowerVM application menu.
- The Manage List of Management Consoles dialog box is displayed.
- Select Add Management Console and click OK.
- The Add Management Console dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the name of the host in the Hostname field.
- Enter the user name to log on to the management console.
- Enter the password.
- Enter the paths in the Public Key File Path and Private Key File Path fields if you are using key-based authentication.
- Enter the passphrase to access the public key and private key files if you are using key-based authentication.
- Click Add.
- A new management console will be added for monitoring.
Modifying an existing management console
Deleting a management console
Using the PATROL KM for UNIX for Process Monitoring