Perform these tasks on the BMC Remedy AR System Server if the Integration for BMC Remedy Service Desk - AR System module is already installed.
Before you begin
- Back up the data for the version that you are upgrading from.
- If you are using BMC Impact Integration for Remedy AR System (BMC II for AR System), you must uninstall it before upgrading to this version of Integration for BMC Remedy Service Desk .
BMC II for Remedy AR System is the earlier integration product that provided integration between a BMC Impact Solutions cell and the BMC Remedy AR System server. It populates a form on the BMC Remedy AR System server but does not create incidents in BMC Remedy Service Desk.
- When you upgrade from Integration for BMC Remedy Service Desk 7.1.00 or Integration for BMC Remedy Service Desk 7.2.00, the installer moves the Integration for BMC Remedy Service Desk files to the installationDirectory/integrations/ibrsd directory and migrates all internal folder structures and configurations. Although the upgrade procedure migrates the earlier configurations, back up your installationDirectory/server/ibrsd folder as a precaution.
- When you upgrade BMC CMDB extensions, all 'Server-Plugin-Alias' entries in the ar.cfg file located at the BMCARSystem\Conf directory are removed. These alias entries are necessary to have the ITSM stack functional. Therefore, you must take a backup of the ar.cfg file before running the upgrade and merge the contents of the backed up ar.cfg file with the new ar.cfg file post-upgrade.
To upgrade the Integration for BMC Remedy Service Desk - AR System module
- Navigate to the BMC_TrueSight_Infra_Mgmt_10.0_ExtensionsForAtriumCMDB_Win\Disk1 directory in the installation package.
- If you have an installation DVD, copy the contents to a directory with write permission, and navigate to the directory.
- If you have downloaded the installation files, navigate to the directory.
- Run setup.exe.
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- On the license agreement page, click Next.
- On the Directory Selection page, retain the default directory, or click Browse to select a different directory, and click Next.
On the BMC Remedy AR System Server/Atrium CMDB User Inputs page, provide the following details, and click Next.
AR System Server Administrator Name
Administrator user name to access BMC Remedy Action Request System
AR System Server Administrator Password
Password for the specified user name
AR System Server TCP Port
Port number of the server on which BMC Remedy Action Request System is running. If the server is using a portmapper, then the default port number is 0.
AR System Server Name Alias
Host name of BMC Remedy Action Request System or BMC Atrium CMDB
- On the CMDB User permissions information page, to use iBRSD or BSR, select the Deploy SDIG Workflow check box to enable the integration workflows.
- Verify that the information on the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management CMDB Extensions initialization page reflects your installation correctly. Click Previous to make changes, or click Next.
On the Notification Service Plugin User Inputs page, enter the port number on which the Notification Service is listening for incoming connections of clients (for example, Publishing Server) that subscribe for notifications. The default port number is 1840.
This port is different from the AR Server port. Configure your firewall to allow this port so that Publishing Server can connect to it.
- On the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management CMDB Extensions information page, click Next.
On the Installation Preview page, click Install. The installer displays the progress of the installation.
- On the Installation Result Summary page, click Next.
- On the Installation Summary page, click View Log to view the installation logs or click Finish to complete the installation.
- Restart Apache Tomcat as described in To restart Apache Tomcat on Microsoft Windows.
After successfully upgrading Infrastructure Management CMDB Extensions, start the AR System server.