Use this task to perform automatic discovery of Exchange Servers.
- To discover additional Exchange Servers, select the check box for Automatic Discovery of additional Exchange Servers (using the same credentials), and click Apply.If the automatic discovery is successful, the Automatic discovery of Exchange Servers dialog box is displayed.
- Select the Exchange Servers that you want to monitor, and select the right arrow button. The selected Exchange Servers show under the Exchange Servers for Monitoring list.
- Click Apply.
- Select the Perform Connection Test check box and then click Apply to see if you are connected to the target or the remote Exchange Server.
- If the connection test is successful, the additional servers are configured and saved in the list of Configured Exchange Servers on the Configured Exchange Servers dialog box.
- If the connection test fails, select Accept to still continue with the configuration or select Cancel to exit the setup.
- Alternatively, you can clear the Perform Connection Test check box and click Apply.
The PATROL console configures the additional Exchange Servers and saves it in the list of Configured Exchange Servers on the Configured Exchange Servers dialog box.
When you modify a list of Exchange Servers, this information is stored in the pconfig variables or namespaces.
Modifying and deleting already configured Exchange Servers
Configuring PATROL for Exchange Servers 2007, 2010, and 2013 for remote monitoring